CellarPro 4200VSx Wine Cooling Unit (Exterior) #1080
3938 BTUH @ 55°F
CellarPro's 4200VSx cooling units (1/2 Ton Nominal
) are suitable for external installations from 20°F to 115°F
in residential and commercial wine cellars up to 1,000 cubic feet
. The 1,000 cubic feet cellar size assumes that the cellar is constructed with insulation of R19 or better in all walls and ceiling (ie no glass or uninsulated concrete), the cooling unit is not ducted, a setpoint of 55°F inside the cellar and ambient temperatures up to 85°F outside the cellar.
Performance testing shows that this unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions
in extreme conditions up to 115°F more effectively than similar units from competing brands. 4200VSx units also are significantly quieter
than comparable units from other brands. Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands.
See full description
CellarPro 4200VSx Cooling Unit (P/N 1080). Designed for external installations, CellarPro engineered the 4200VSx cooling unit to provide maximum cooling power and adjustable humidity control for cellars up to 1,000 cubic feet. 4200VSx units are built with high-output Danfoss compressors and oversized coils for maximum performance in high-temperature environments up to 115°F. These units also feature variable-speed fans with a low setting for super-quiet operation when conditions permit. Beginning with the 4200VSi cooling unit for interior installations, we've added to the 4200VSx an exterior weather hood, cold-temperature compressor heater, coated condenser coils, double-powdercoated exterior case, reusable aluminum filter and exterior-grade power cord.
- This unit can be configured to operate in extreme temperature conditions (-20 to 115°F), with the rear of the unit exposed to external envirnoments.
- Dual high-output centrifugal fans come with variable speed settings for your choice of maximum cooling power at the high fan speed, or super-quiet operation (53.7 decibels) at the low fan speed.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power inside the cellar.
- Excess condensate is managed with a high-capacity stainless steel drain pan, welded 1/2" drain line and 200W electric heating element with "On/Off" Control.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator and condenser coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- With dual power sources and a 10-foot power cord, the unit can be plugged into a receptacle from either the front or the rear of the cooling unit, providing flexibility for most installations.
- Our easy-access reusable aluminum air filter protects the condenser coils and increases the expected useful life of the cooling unit.
- Adjustable mounting brackets, included as standard equipment, ensure easy installation.
- Removable steel case and refrigerant access valve provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- CellarPro's 5-Year Standard Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Extended Warranty (P/N 1836) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
- CellarPro 4200VSx units are self-enclosed, fully-charged units designed to be installed through an external wall and sized to fit in between standard wall studs.
- 4200VSx units can be located remotely from the cellar with the addition of one of our front duct packages (however, the entire unit cannot be located in an external environment). Offered with or without insulated flex ducting, in a choice of configurations for low or high humidity conditions, our front duct packages allow these cooling units to be ducted up to 50 equivalent feet away from the cellar and requires 8-inch (or greater) ducting from start to finish.
- When calculating equivalent feet, each 90-degree turn counts for 8 feet.
- For remote or inaccessible installations, we offer a remote control display kit which is wired to the cooling unit and allows the digital display to be mounted inside or outside the cellar.
- 4200VSx units require fresh air intake at the rear of the cooling unit, and are designed to handle environments ranging from .
- For installation in environments below 20°F down to -20°F, it will be necessary to add our Fan-Cycling Switch (P/N 6972).
- The front of the cooling unit should never be exposed to temperatures below 32°F.
- A CellarPro cooling unit must always be used in the upright position, and should never be operated on its side or upside down.
- We ship these units strapped to a pallet via common carrier with curbside delivery. Inside delivery is available for an additional charge.
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop down to 20°F - INCLUDED.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20°F and as low as -20°F when combined with our compressor heater.
- Duct Hoods (Cold Side) (#7408 for low-humidity environments or #7427 for high-humidity environments) and Kits (#1476 for low-humidity environments or #7426 for high-humidity environments): permits the cooling unit to be located remotely, up to 50 equivalent feet away from the cellar.
- Duct Kits are the same as Duct Hoods, and also include 2 x 25-feet of 8-inch insulated (R-6) flex ducting.
Remote Control & Probe
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Extension cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
How cold can the temperature be where the cooling unit is installed?
A: For installations in environments below 20°F, we recommend our fan cycling switch (P/N 6972)
Can the cooling unit be located in a remote location and ducted to/from the wine cellar?
A: These cooling units can be ducted up to 50 equivalent feet away from the wine cellar when used with our cold-side (front) duct hoods and kits. Remember that cold-side ducting must be insulated and additional load should be added to properly size the required cooling unit.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: First, the background. Unlike our competitors, we build our cooling units with precision expansion valves, not cap tubes, which means that our cooling units aren't limited to a 30°F differential between the desired cellar temperature and the ambient temperature. Cooling systems with expansion valves are much more precise than cap tubes, and much more sensitive to low voltage conditions, which is why our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Can I install the entire unit inside the cellar?
A: If you want to install the entire unit inside the cellar, you should not purchase this unit, which is designed for exterior exposure. Instead, you should purchase the interior version, which can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our hot-side (rear) duct hoods and kits, which allow rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted (with insulated ducting to minimize heat transfer inside the cellar) up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
If I don't have sufficient space behind the cooling unit, is that Ok?
A: The rear of the cooling unit generates hot air that must have sufficient space to dissipate, otherwise the unit will recycle its own hot air.
Can I use the low fan speed setting on the cooling unit when the unit is ducted?
A: Duct hoods and kits create additional static pressure and therefore require the use of the high fan speed to overcome the additional static pressure.
CellerPro Wine Room Cooler