1800 Series Drain Line Modification Retrofit
The kit you have received will allow you to modify your CellarPro 1800 unit and add a condensate drain line. The Wine Cellar Modification provides a fitting and condensate tube at the back of the cooling unit to relieve excess moisture that may condense inside the cooling unit. For installations in warm environments and / or cellars without airtight seals, we strongly recommend this modification. However, the modification does not replace the requirement for a cellar to have proper insulation, moisture barriers and airtight seals from the environment outside the cellar.
Steps for the retrofit:
- Remove the plastic plug on the lower left side of the rear of the unit.
- With the tap, cut threads in the metal as follows:
- Put the tap into a tap wrench and tighten it.
- Put the tap into the opening and turn it clockwise several turns. Check to make sure it is straight and level.
- Continue turning until the tap goes through the hole.
- Screw the condensate fitting into the opening, using caulk or Teflon tape. Do not overtighten.
- Attach the drain line.
- The tube must have a trap that is slightly filled with water (shown below). The drain line should drop, then rise (but stay below the height of the fitting), and then drop again into a drain or bucket. Then, fill the trap with water.
- The condensate trap will allow any excess moisture inside the cooling unit to overcome the static pressure and flow out of the drain line.
We've put together some basic resources to guide you through the process of choosing a cooling unit and building a cellar.
You need this number to choose the right cooling unit. We'll figure it out for you.
To contact our support team, email us or call 877.726.8496.