Bottle Probe Operating Instructions
- When measuring liquid temperatures, the (HY) differential should be set at 1 degree (so that the wine liquid doesn't fluctuate more than 1 degree.)
- When measuring air temperatures, the (HY) differential should be set at 4 degrees (the cooling unit will burn out prematurely if the unit cycles on/off every time the air temperature changes by 1 degree.)
- The probe or bottle/probe must be located in a location with good air movement in order to correctly register the temperature changes inside the cellar.
- When measuring air temperature with ducted systems, the ideal location for the bottle probe is in the return air register; when measuring air temperature with through-the-wall systems, the ideal location for the bottle probe is near the return air grill; when measuring liquid temperatures in bottles, the ideal location of the bottle is near the top of the racks with good airflow.
- In all cases, it is recommended to check the actual cellar temperature against the display temperature when the bottle probe is first setup and subsequently whenever the location moves.
- Refer to our Owners Manual for instructions how to change the HY differential
For further questions, please do not hesitate to contact support at 1.877.726.8496.