QC 50 Ft Horizontal Split 2/5 Ton 4000Shqc-EC #19255
CellarPro 4000Shqc-EC Quickconnect 50-ft Cooling Unit (P/N 19255). NOW WITH ENERGY-EFFICIENT EC FANS! CellarPro engineered the 4000Shqc-EC cooling system to provide maximum cooling power and adjustable humidity control with fast, easy installation for cellars up to 1,000 cubic feet. Split refrigeration systems separate the evaporator from the condensing unit, allowing the noise and heat from the condensing unit to be located away from interior living areas. All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar. Suitable for internal or external installations, the 4000Shqc-EC includes a variable-speed fan on the evaporator with a low setting for quieter operation and a high setting for maximum power.
3938 SENSIBLE BTUH @ 55F.
CellarPro's 4000Shqc-EC cooling units (2/5 Ton Nominal) are engineered for wine cellars up to 1,000* cubic feet in both commercial and residential wine cellars.
Our Quickconnect pre-charged hoses and plug-in power cords allow fast, easy installation by technicians or the end customer. The only tool required is an adjustable wrench.
Performance testing shows that this unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions in extreme conditions up to 110F more effectively than similar units from competing brands. 4000Shqc-EC units use energy-efficient EC fans in the evaporator and are significantly quieter than comparable units from other brands. Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands.
*Assuming R19 insulation throughout the cellar, 55F inside the cellar and 85F outside the cellar. Cold-side ducting, glass and/or uninsulated walls, extreme humidity, altitude and other factors may affect the sizing calculation.
Our cooling units are designed to be used in properly-constructed wine cellars that are adequately insulated, airtight and sealed with a vapor barrier. In improperly-constructed cellars, the cooling unit will create excess condensation, leading to damage and premature failure of your cooling unit (not covered by warranty).
Please note: Our units were not designed for, and our warranty does not cover damage from, marine exposure (within 5 miles of the ocean). In these environments, you will need an applied coating, such as Insitu®, to protect outdoor components against corrosion that is common in coastal regions.
- Now with energy-efficient EC Fans on the cold side, save $99.44 in annual energy costs vs AC fans (assumes 75% runtime and $0.15/kWh)
- This unit is designed to separate the heat and noise from the condensing unit from interior living spaces, and can be configured to operate indoors or outdoors in extreme temperature conditions ranging from -0 to 110F.
- This model comes fully-charged with 50-ft Quickconnect hoses, so that it can be installed by the end customer without assistance from a refrigeration technician
- Evaporator, Condensing Unit and Flexible Quickconnect Hoses are factory-charged and shipped with R134a refrigerant.
- Included outdoor hood allows the condensing unit to be installed indoors or outdoors down to 20F. |
- Included compressor heater protects the compressor from off-cycle refrigerant migration.
- Our Evaporators are built with high-output centrifugal fans which include variable speed settings for your choice of maximum cooling power at the high fan speed, or quieter operation (53.7 decibels) at the low fan speed.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power inside the cellar.
- Excess condensate is managed through a 1/2" drain line that exits from a choice of knockouts in the evaporator.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- Both the condensing unit and evaporator are configured with plug-in power cords, meaning that an electrician is not required for installation.
- A dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the condensing unit, and the evaporator can be plugged into a shared circuit.
- Adjustable mounting brackets are included as standard equipment
- Valves can exit from the side or rear of the evaporator. Rear connections require a 6" x 2 1/4" hole in the wall for hoses, power and drain lines.
- Factory-installed Expansion Valve and Liquid Line Solenoid Valve ensure maximum operating precision and range.
- Removable steel case provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- Liquid Line Filter/Drier is factory installed.
- Oversized Receiver allows for long line sets up to 50 equivalent feet and up to 30 vertical feet.
- Auto-reset high-pressure switch protects the system by interrupting power to the compressor when system pressure is too high.
- CellarPro's 2-Year/5-Year Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
Specs & Resources
-->Size: 30 1/2w x 14 1/2d x 13 1/4h (in)
Weight: 143 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
Condensing Unit Dimensions:
- 42 lbs
- 13.5w x 18.9d x 9.1h
Evaporator Unit Dimensions:
- 63 lbs
- 30.4w x 14.4d x 13.2h
- Dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the condensing unit.
- Shared 15-amp circuit can be used to power the evaporator.
- Startup: 28.2 Amps
- Unit Amp Rating: 7.9 Amps (high fan speed)
BTUH @ 55F / Evaporator Decibels
- Low Fan Speed: 2144 / 51 dbA
- Med Fan Speed: 2398 / 55 dbA
- High Fan Speed: 2491 / 63 dbA
- 2/5 Ton Nominal
Condensing Unit Decibels
- Indoor: 64
- Outdoor: 62
Capacity: 3938 BTUH @ 55F
Sizing Table: Click here to view sizing table
Click on one of the following links for more information:
Options & Upgrades
- Compressor Heater #35605: protects the compressor from off-cycle refrigerant migration. Included
- Outdoor Hood #2011: allows you to install the condensing unit outdoors. Included.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
- Refer to filter replacements in the previous section.
- Evap Fresh #17984: Should be sprayed on the evaporator (cold-side) coils once a quarter, especially when the evaporator coils frequently have condensation, to extend the life of the evaporator coils and to reduce the growth of mold in the drain pan.
- Condenser Brush #1475: With a long handle and stiff bristles, the brush is ideal for cleaning off the dust and dirt that collect on the hot-side condenser coils, especially when a filter isn't used on the coils.
Remote Control & Probe
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Bottle Probe extension cords are available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper installation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit