CellarPro 4200VSi-ECX Cooling Unit #1079
3938 SENSIBLE BTUH @ 55F
CellarPro's 4200VSi-ECX cooling units (2/5 Ton Nominal
) are engineered for wine cellars up to 1,000* cubic feet
in both commercial and residential wine cellars.
Performance testing shows that this unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions in extreme conditions up to 110F
, and are significantly quieter
than comparable units from other brands. Now with energy-efficient EC fans for better performance!
Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands.
*Assuming R19 insulation throughout the cellar, 55F inside the cellar and 85F outside the cellar. Cold-side ducting, glass and/or uninsulated walls, extreme humidity, altitude and other factors may affect the sizing calculation.Our cooling units are designed to be used in properly-constructed wine cellars that are adequately insulated, airtight and sealed with a vapor barrier
. In improperly-constructed cellars, the cooling unit will create excess condensation, leading to damage and premature failure of your cooling unit (not covered by warranty).
See full description
Free Shipping! Receive free curbside delivery in the lower 48 states for a limited time. Simply add to your cart and checkout.
CellarPro 4200VSi-ECX Cooling Unit (P/N 1079). NOW WITH ENERGY-EFFICIENT EC FANS!
CellarPro engineered the 4200VSi-ECX cooling unit to provide maximum cooling power and adjustable humidity control for cellars up to 1,000 cubic feet. Designed for internal installations, 4200VSi-ECX units are built with high-output Danfoss compressors and oversized coils for maximum performance in high-temperature environments up to 110F. These units also feature variable-speed fans with a low setting for super-quiet operation when conditions permit.
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar.
- Now with energy-efficient EC Fans on both the cold and hot sides, save $191.58 in annual energy costs vs AC fans (assumes 75% runtime and $0.15/kWh)
- This unit can be configured to operate in extreme temperature conditions (-20 to 110F). If the unit's location does not provide sufficient room for airflow, you may need to purchase a rear duct kit.
- Dual high-output centrifugal fans come with variable speed settings for your choice of maximum cooling power at the high fan speed, or super-quiet operation (53.7 decibels) at the low fan speed.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power inside the cellar.
- Excess condensate is managed with a high-capacity stainless steel drain pan, welded 1/2" drain line and 200W electric heating element with "On/Off" Control.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- With dual power sources and a 10-foot power cord, the unit can be plugged into a receptacle from either the front or the rear of the cooling unit, providing flexibility for most installations.
- Our easy-access disposable air filter protects the condenser coils and increases the expected useful life of the cooling unit.
- Adjustable mounting brackets, included as standard equipment, ensure easy installation.
- Removable steel case and refrigerant access valve provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- CellarPro's 5-Year Standard Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Extended Warranty (P/N 1836) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
- CellarPro 4200VSi-ECX units are self-enclosed, fully-charged units designed to be installed through-the-wall and sized to fit in between standard wall studs.
- 4200VSi-ECX units also can be located remotely from the cellar with the addition of one of our front duct packages. Offered with or without insulated flex ducting, in a choice of configurations for low or high humidity conditions, our front duct packages allow these cooling units to be ducted up to 50 equivalent feet away from the cellar and requires 8-inch (or greater) ducting from start to finish.
- When calculating equivalent feet, each 90-degree turn counts for 8 feet.
- For remote or inaccessible installations, we offer a remote control display kit which is wired to the cooling unit and allows the digital display to be mounted inside or outside the cellar.
- 4200VSi-ECX units require fresh air intake at the rear of the cooling unit. If sufficient space does not exist to provide sufficient airflow to the rear of the cooling unit, you may need our rear duct kit.
- 4200VS Series cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our rear duct kit, which allows you to duct the supply and return airflows from the rear of the cooling unit up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
- For installation in environments below 40F, 4200VSi-ECX units require our Compressor Heater (P/N 1727) .
- For installation in environments below 20F down to -20F, we recommend our Fan-Cycling Switch (P/N 6972) combined with our compressor heater.
- The front of the cooling unit should never be exposed to temperatures below 32F.
- A CellarPro cooling unit must always be used in the upright position, and should never be operated on its side or upside down.
- We ship these units strapped to a pallet via common carrier with curbside delivery. Inside delivery is available for an additional charge.
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop below 40F down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when combined with our compressor heater.
- Duct Hoods (Cold Side) (#7408 for low-humidity environments or #7427 for high-humidity environments) and Kits (#1476 for low-humidity environments or #7426 for high-humidity environments): permits the cooling unit to be located remotely, up to 50 equivalent feet away from the cellar using 8" diameter ducting.
- Duct Hood (Hot Side) #7407 and Kit #1113: allows you to install the unit completely inside your cellar or in a small space with limited airflow, up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct) using 8" diameter ducting.
- Duct Kits are the same as Duct Hoods, and also include 2 x 25-feet of 8-inch insulated (R-6) flex ducting.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
Remote Thermostats, Displays & Probes
DID YOU KNOW?
- Networkable Thermostats #27346 and #27310: connect your cooling unit to a networkable, wi-fi enabled thermostat (sold separately). Must be ordered at the same time that the equipment is ordered. Other limitations apply - read the networkable thermostat description for more information. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Extension cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper intallation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit
What is "Sensible BTUH"?
A: You should always use Sensible BTUH* when comparing different brands of cooling units, and when sizing a cooling unit for your wine cellar. Every cooling unit produces a certain amount of Total BTUH, which is the sum of Sensible BTUH (lowers the temperature) and Latent BTUH (lowers the relative humidity). Because our goal is to cool wine cellars while preserving humidity, wine cellar cooling units should have high Sensible BTUH and low Latent BTUH. The relationship between Sensible and Latent BTUHs is know as SHR (Sensible Heat Ratio), which is calculated as Sensible BTUH/Total BTUH. The SHR for CellarPro cooling units is greater than 90%, which means that CellarPro units provide maximum cooling power without stripping out humidity from the cellar environment.
*CellarPro Sensible BTUHs are calculated assuming 55F cellar temperature, 60% relative humidity and 95F ambient for all units except 1800 units (85F ambient).
How cold can the temperature be where the cooling unit is installed?
A: For installations in environments below 40F down to 20F, we recommend adding our compressor heater (P/N 1727), which is included as standard equipment on all outdoor units. Below 20F, in addition to the compressor heater, we recommend adding our fan cycling switch (P/N 6972)
Can the cooling unit be located in a remote location and ducted to/from the wine cellar?
A: These cooling units can be ducted up to 50 equivalent feet away from the wine cellar when used with our cold-side (front) duct hoods and kits. Remember that cold-side ducting must be insulated and additional load should be added to properly size the required cooling unit.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: First, the background. Unlike our competitors, we build our cooling units with precision expansion valves, not cap tubes, which means that our cooling units aren't limited to a 30F differential between the desired cellar temperature and the ambient temperature. Cooling systems with expansion valves are much more precise than cap tubes, and much more sensitive to low voltage conditions, which is why our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Can I install the entire unit inside the cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our hot-side (rear) duct hoods and kits, which allow rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted (with insulated ducting to minimize heat transfer inside the cellar) up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
If I don't have sufficient space behind the cooling unit, is that Ok?
A: The rear of the cooling unit generates hot air that must have sufficient space to dissipate, otherwise the unit will recycle its own hot air. The hot air exhaust and/or intake can be ducted to another location with our rear duct hoods and kits, which allow rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted (with insulated ducting to minimize heat transfer inside the cellar) up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
Can I use the low fan speed setting on the cooling unit when the unit is ducted?
A: Duct hoods and kits create additional static pressure and therefore require the use of the high fan speed to overcome the additional static pressure.
CellarPro 4200VSi-ECX Popping Noise
Installation easier than explained!
CellarPro 4200VSi Cooling Unit #1079
wine drinker and cellar builder
Much better than Wisperkool
Outstanding Unit and Great Customer Support
Replaced Original Unit Earlier Than You Would Expect
CellarPro 4200VSi DIY Install
CellarPro 4200VSi Cooling Unit
CellarPro 4200VSi Cooling Unit
CellarPro 4200 Vsi DIY Install