CellarPro Air Handler 6500 Vertical, #7092
6421 BTUH @ 60°F
CellarPro's AH6500SCv ducted cooling units (3/4 Ton Nominal
) are suitable for wine cellars up to 1,750 cubic feet
in both commercial and residential wine cellars. This ducted unit uses 10-inch ducting
and requires insulated ducting on the cold side. The 1,750 cubic feet cellar size assumes that the cellar is constructed with insulation of R19 or better in all walls and ceiling (ie no glass or uninsulated concrete), a setpoint of 55°F inside the cellar and ambient temperatures up to 85°F outside the cellar. Ducting wil add additional load and should be considered in the sizing calculation.
Performance testing shows that this unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions in extreme conditions up to 110°F more effectively than similar units from competing brands. AH6500SCv units also are quieter than comparable units from other brands.
See full description
CellarPro AH6500SCv Cooling Unit (P/N 7092). CellarPro engineered the AH6500SCv ducted cooling system to provide maximum cooling power and adjustable humidity control for cellars up to 1,750 cubic feet
. The evaporator and the condensing unit each can be ducted up to 100 equivalent feet (50 equivalent feet per duct.) Designed for internal installations
, the AH6500SCv includes a variable-speed fan on the evaporator with a low setting for quieter operation and a high setting for maximum power. This unit has a vertical configuration for installations in locations with limited floor space (eg on the floor in a mechanical room).
- CellarPro Air Handlers are engineered to be ducted with 10-inch insulated ducting on the cold side (evaporator) and/or 10-inch ducting on the hot side (condensing unit), allowing the equipment can be located out-of-sight where it won't be heard.
- Our Evaporators are built with high-output centrifugal fans which include variable speed settings for your choice of cooling power to meet ambient and seasonal requirements.
- Optional integrated humidifier provides the ultimate control of moisture levels inside your cellar.
- Optional integrated heater (900W and 1800W) provides heat for wine cellars that are exposed to temperatures below 55°F.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power inside the cellar.
- Excess condensate is managed through an extra-large 1/2" drain line, amply sized to reduce blockages.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- Remote bottle probe and duct adapters are included as standard equipment.
- Factory-installed Expansion Valve ensures maximum operating precision and range.
- Removable steel case and refrigerant access valve provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- Cooling system is fully-charged with refrigerant and ready-to-use out of the box.
- CellarPro's 2-Year/5-Year Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Extended Warranty (P/N 7528) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
- CellarPro AH6500SCv units are fully-charged and ready to use out of the box. These cooling units are designed to be ducted up to 100 Equivalent Feet (50 Feet per Duct) with 10-inch ducting .
- CellarPro's vertical configuration allows multiple ducting alternatives, as follows.
- Collars or grills for EXHAUST (ie Supply) are located at the front (shown at left), right, rear or top (EVAPORATOR ONLY) of the cooling system, and are interchangeable to meet your specific requirement.
- Collars or grills for INTAKE (ie Return) are located on the left for both the evaporator and condenser, and include professional-grade air filters to protect the unit.
- A bottle probe temperature sensor (10' cord) plus your choice of duct collars, indoor grills and blank plates are included in the price of the cooling system.
- CellarPro Air Handlers use two 110V / 60Hz plug-in power cords, as follows:
- One cord for the compressor, which pulls 11.2 amps and requires a dedicated 20 amp circuit breaker
- One cord for the rest of the components, which pull 5.7 amps and require a dedicated 15 amp circuit breaker
- When the control panel is difficult to access, we offer a remote control display kit which is wired to the cooling unit and allows the digital display to be mounted inside or outside the cellar.
- When not ducted, the hot side of the cooling unit (condenser) requires 12 inches of unobstructed space in front of the coils, and requires approx. 600-700 CFM of ventilation when installed in a confined space.
- For installations in environments below 40°F, AH6500SCh units require our Compressor Heater (P/N 1727) .
- The cold side of the cooling unit (evaporator) should never be exposed to temperatures below 32°F.
- We ship these units strapped to a pallet via common carrier with curbside delivery. Inside delivery is available for an additional charge.
- To activate your warranty, you must complete and return our Installation Checklist.
- Capacity:5771 BTUH @ 55F
- Sizing:Click here to view sizing table
- Size:18 3/5w x 18 3/5d x 37 9/10h (in)<br>10-inch ducting
- Weight:161 lb
- Power/Rating:115V AC / 60 Hz
- 161 lbs (no humidifier)
- 18.6w x 18.6d x 37.9h (in)
- Startup Amps: 53.0 Amps
- Running Amps Cord-Connected: 17.1 Amps
- Total Watts: 1274 (low fan speed)
3/4 Ton Nominal
BTUH @ 55F
- Low Fan Speed: 4923
- Med Fan Speed: 5350
- High Fan Speed: 5771
- Low Fan Speed, Ducted: 47 dbA
- Med Fan Speed, Ducted: 51 dbA
- High Fan Speed, Ducted: 59 dbA
- Low Fan Speed, Ducted / Non-Ducted: 52 dbA / 65 dbA
- Med Fan Speed, Ducted / Non-Ducted: 57 dbA / 70 dbA
- High Fan Speed, Ducted / Non-Ducted: 62 dbA / 75 dbA
- Warranty:2 Years (Entire System) / 5 Years (Compressor)
Click on one of the following pdf documents for more information about our AH6500SC wine cellar refrigeration system:
Remote Control & Probe
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring. Additional wiring is available at a cost of $1 per additional foot. Additional wiring is available at a cost of $1 per additional foot.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar - included.
- Bottle probe extension cords are available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
Heating & Humidification
- Integrated Heater 900W #7237: adds 900 watts of heat through the cooling system when the cellar is in an unheated environment and will be exposed to temperatures below desired wine storage temperatures.
- Integrated Heater 1800W #7260: adds 1800 watts of heat through the cooling system when the cellar is in an unheated environment and will be exposed to temperatures below desired wine storage temperatures.
- Integrated Humidifier #7236: provides humidification with digital control inside the cellar when attached to an external water line.
What's the difference between a split system and "through the wall" or "self-contained" systems?
A: Split systems are "split" into two parts: the cold side (evaporator) which usually is installed inside the cellar, and the hot side (condensing unit) which is installed away from the cellar. The benefit of having this split is that the heat and noise from the condensing unit can be located far away from living spaces where it won't interfere with day-to-day life.
Are split systems more difficult to install than self-contained systems?
A: Yes. Split systems require installation by a licensed HVAC technician, whereas a self-contained unit can be mounted through-the-wall and is shipped fully charged and operational out of the box.
Can I install the entire unit inside the cellar?
A: No, the condensing unit must be located outside the cellar.
If I don't have sufficient space around the condensing unit, is that Ok?
A: The condensing unit generates hot air that must have sufficient space to dissipate, otherwise the unit will recycle its own hot air. The condensing unit cannot be ducted; it requires 12 inches of unobstructed space in front of the coils, and requires approx. 600-700 CFM of ventilation when installed in a confined space.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: First, the background. Unlike our competitors, we build our cooling units with precision expansion valves, not cap tubes, which means that our cooling units aren't limited to a 30°F differential between the desired cellar temperature and the ambient temperature. Cooling systems with expansion valves are much more precise than cap tubes, and much more sensitive to low voltage conditions, which is why our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.