220V 50Hz 2/5 Ton Outdoor 4200VSx-ECX #1548
CellarPro 4200VSx-220V / 50Hz Cooling Unit (P/N 1548). Designed for external installations, CellarPro engineered the 4200VSx-220V cooling unit to provide maximum cooling power and adjustable humidity control for cellars up to 42 cubic meters. 4200VSi-220V units are built with high-output Danfoss compressors and oversized coils for maximum performance in high-temperature environments up to 42C. These units also feature variable-speed fans with a low setting for super-quiet operation when conditions permit. Beginning with the 4200VSi-220V cooling unit for interior installations, we've added to the 4200VSx-220V an exterior weather hood, cold-temperature compressor heater, coated condenser coils, double-powdercoated exterior case, reusable aluminum filter and exterior-grade power cord.
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar. The unit can be remotely located and ducted to/from the cellar using our cold-side duct hood, or located through a cellar wall (with or without a decorative grill - not included.)
CellarPro's 4200VSx-220V 2/5 Ton Nominal cooling units are suitable for external installations from -6.7C to 42C in residential and commercial wine cellars up to 42 cubic meters. The 42 cubic meter cellar size assumes that the cellar is constructed with insulation of R19 or better in all walls and ceiling (ie no glass or uninsulated concrete), the cooling unit is not ducted, a setpoint of 15C inside the cellar and ambient temperatures up to 29C outside the cellar.
Performance testing shows that this unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions in extreme conditions up to 42C more effectively than similar units from competing brands. 4200VSi-220V units also are significantly quieter than comparable units from other brands.
This unit cannot be used in North America. Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands.
Please note: Our units were not designed for, and our warranty does not cover damage from, marine exposure (within 5 miles of the ocean). In these environments, you will need an applied coating, such as Insitu®, to protect outdoor components against corrosion that is common in coastal regions.
Our cooling units are designed to be used in properly-constructed wine cellars that are adequately insulated, airtight and sealed with a vapor barrier. In improperly-constructed cellars, the cooling unit will create excess condensation, leading to damage and premature failure of your cooling unit (not covered by warranty).
- This unit can be configured to operate in extreme temperature conditions (-29 to 42C), with the rear of the unit exposed to shaded external environments.
- Dual high-output centrifugal fans come with variable speed settings for your choice of maximum cooling power at the high fan speed, or super-quiet operation (53.7 decibels) at the low fan speed.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power inside the cellar.
- Excess condensate is managed with a high-capacity stainless steel drain pan, welded 1.27 cm drain line and 200W electric heating element with "On/Off" Control.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator and condenser coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 8.3C to 16.7C when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- With dual power sources and a 3-meter power cord, the unit can be plugged into a receptacle from either the front or the rear of the cooling unit, providing flexibility for most installations.
- Our easy-access reusable aluminum air filter protects the condenser coils and increases the expected useful life of the cooling unit.
- Adjustable mounting brackets, included as standard equipment, ensure easy installation.
- Removable steel case and refrigerant access valve provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- CellarPro's 1-Year Standard Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- CellarPro 4200VSx-220V units are self-enclosed, fully-charged units designed to be installed through an external wall in 220V / 50Hz environments.
- 4200VSx-220V units also can be located remotely from the cellar with the addition of one of our front duct packages. Offered with or without insulated flex ducting, in a choice of configurations for low or high humidity conditions, our front duct packages allow these cooling units to be ducted up to 15 equivalent meters away from the cellar using 20-cm ducting.
- When calculating equivalent feet, each 90-degree turn counts for 2.4 meters.
- For remote or inaccessible installations, we offer a remote control display kit which is wired to the cooling unit and allows the digital display to be mounted inside or outside the cellar.
- 4200VSi-220V units require fresh air intake at the rear of the cooling unit, and are designed to handle shaded environments ranging from 42C to -6.7C.
- For installation in environments below -6.7C down to -29C, it will be necessary to add our Fan-Cycling Switch (P/N 6972).
- The front of the cooling unit should never be exposed to temperatures below 0C.
- A CellarPro cooling unit must always be used in the upright position, and should never be operated on its side or upside down.
- We ship these units strapped to a pallet via common carrier with curbside delivery. Inside delivery is available for an additional charge.
Specs & Resources
Size: 35 4/5w x 63 4/5d x 49 4/5h (cm)
Weight: 56 lbs
This wine cooling unit can be used in 187-254V environments at 50Hz. The power plug provided is Nema 6-15P 15A 250V Plug (Male). It has a screw cover plug housing with internal lug connections, and can be swapped easily to conform to local plug configurations.
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- Running: 6.5 Amps
- Startup: 14.8 Amps
- Total Watts: 578 (med fan speed)
Capacity: 3788 BTUH @ 50Hz / 13C
Sizing Table: Click here to view sizing table
- Limited Warranty - 1 Year (Entire System)
Click on one of the following links for more information:
Options & Upgrades
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop down to -6.7C INCLUDED.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below -6.7C and as low as -29C when combined with our compressor heater.
- Duct Hoods (Cold Side) (#7408 for low-humidity environments or #7427 for high-humidity environments) and Kits (#1476 for low-humidity environments or #7426 for high-humidity environments): permits the cooling unit to be located remotely, up to 15 equivalent meters away from the cellar.
- Duct Kits are the same as Duct Hoods, and also include 2 x 7.6-meters of 20-cm insulated (R-6) flex ducting.
Extended Mounting Bracket
- For retrofit installations where the wall opening is too big for our cooling unit, use our Extended Mounting Bracket on one or both sides to plug the opening.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
- Refer to filter replacements in the previous section.
- Evap Fresh #17984: Should be sprayed on the evaporator (cold-side) coils once a quarter, especially when the evaporator coils frequently have condensation, to extend the life of the evaporator coils and to reduce the growth of mold in the drain pan.
- Condenser Brush #1475: With a long handle and stiff bristles, the brush is ideal for cleaning off the dust and dirt that collect on the hot-side condenser coils, especially when a filter isn't used on the coils.
Remote Thermostats, Displays & Probes
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 3 meters of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 3-meter cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Bottle Probe Extension Cords available in 7.6-meter and 15-meter lengths.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper intallation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit
A: You should always use Sensible BTUH* when comparing different brands of cooling units, and when sizing a cooling unit for your wine cellar. Every cooling unit produces a certain amount of Total BTUH, which is the sum of Sensible BTUH (lowers the temperature) and Latent BTUH (lowers the relative humidity). Because our goal is to cool wine cellars while preserving humidity, wine cellar cooling units should have high Sensible BTUH and low Latent BTUH. The relationship between Sensible and Latent BTUHs is know as SHR (Sensible Heat Ratio), which is calculated as Sensible BTUH/Total BTUH. The SHR for CellarPro cooling units is greater than 90%, which means that CellarPro units provide maximum cooling power without stripping out humidity from the cellar environment.
*CellarPro Sensible BTUHs are calculated assuming 55F cellar temperature, 60% relative humidity and 95F ambient for all units except 1800 units (85F ambient).
Can I use this unit in the USA?
A: This unit requires 220V / 50Hz power, which is standard in Europe and parts of Asia, but not in North America.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: First, the background. Unlike our competitors, we build our cooling units with precision expansion valves, not cap tubes, which means that our cooling units aren't limited to a 30°F differential between the desired cellar temperature and the ambient temperature. Cooling systems with expansion valves are much more precise than cap tubes, and much more sensitive to low voltage conditions, which is why our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
How cold can the temperature be where the cooling unit is installed?
A: For installations in environments below 4.4°C down to -6.7°C, we recommend adding our compressor heater (P/N 1727), which is included as standard equipment on all outdoor units. Below -6.7°C, in addition to the compressor heater, we recommend adding our fan cycling switch (P/N 6972)
Why does it say it can be installed in a "shaded" external environment?
A: The intake temperature on the hot side of the cooling unit can handle temperatures up to 110F. When the exterior hood is in the direct sun, the hood can heat up like an oven, and temperatures quickly can exceed 110F. Therefore, the exterior hood should not be installed with direct exposure to the sun.
Can the cooling unit be located in a remote location and ducted to/from the wine cellar?
A: These cooling units can be ducted up to 15 equivalent meters away from the wine cellar when used with our cold-side (front) duct hoods and kits. Remember that cold-side ducting must be insulated and additional load should be added to properly size the required cooling unit.
Can I install the entire unit inside the cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our hot-side (rear) duct hoods and kits, which allow rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted up to 30 equivalent meters (15 meters per duct).
If I don't have sufficient space behind the cooling unit, is that Ok?
A: The rear of the cooling unit generates hot air that must have sufficient space to dissipate, otherwise the unit will recycle its own hot air. The hot air exhaust and/or intake can be ducted to another location with our rear duct hoods and kits, which allow rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted up to 30 equivalent meters (15 meters per duct).
Can I use the low fan speed setting on the cooling unit when the unit is ducted?
A: Duct hoods and kits create additional static pressure and therefore require the use of the high fan speed to overcome the additional static pressure.